Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Buy American now 'Out of Order'?

On Monday June 16th 2014 I attended annual Town Meeting in Carver, Ma. I was particularly intersted in Article 13:

Article 13



















I was the second resident to speak on Article 13, and through the Town Moderator I offered an amendment:

Buy American amendment
















A large number of residents applauded my amendment, and I believe if given opportunity to vote on this, it would have been approved. But my amendment was blocked by the Town Moderator as "out of order"!

I think this marks a tipping point, now Buy American is out of order, and a small town in Southeastern Massachusetts is blocking democracy in favor of supporting Chinese solar manufacturing companies.

The town has not heard from the last of me on this issue, as I won't sit back and allow them to take away my rights like this.



1 comment:

  1. Update: FOIA request filed for all project documentation. This deal was negotiated in Executive Session with zero public open input. It's time for complete transparency! https://www.muckrock.com/foi/carver-482/the-southern-sky-renewable-project-at-the-carver-landfill-12226/

    ReplyDelete